Thursday 10 March 2011

Browser debate

A question : when it comes to providing Xpages solutions, which browser would you choose?  

I have been looking into the browser compatability issues this week and have found a few things that simply do not work in either IE7 and IE8, even if the compatability mode is on.  I then moved to dismiss IE from our supported browser clients, which was a simple decision, however, which browser should I use.

The development team have recently been developing and testing using Chrome.  I like the add-on Extensions, I love the speed and I am happy with the usability.  I have never used firefox, but I understand this is a good browser.  We have noticed that everyting works well in both Chrome and Firefox, so I am happy to announce that we will recommend that our Xpages applications should run in Firefox or Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment