I have both an Android phone and tablet. I actually have the new ASUS Transformer Prime, which is incredible. I like widget and the freedom to place anything on my phone. There are thousands of Apps available in the new Google Play store.
However, I attended a Bring Your Own Device event last week which discussed the security implications. One main point that came across was how insecure Android is, for example there was recently an application for a touch (flash light for my friends in the US), which would maliciously send a text message for an extortionate rate. McAfee were one of the presenters and showed a frightening slide that told us...
57% of Android users have no security on their phone
Only 5% have anti virus or anti malware
19% have some form of encryption
17% have a password, or keypad lock
Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Sunday, 25 March 2012
I provide a solution to backup up to 5 computers automatically in the background. You can access these files from anywhere - via the web, or even on your smart phone. All your music, photos and files accessible anywhere, for just £25 per year.
Empachal Backup is for personal and business use. It will allow 5 machines to be backed up for only £25 per year, which is under $40 USD.
Imagine the heart ache of losing all your work, your family photos and your music collection.
Data backup is very important today where everyone saves their important data in their computer or external hard drive. 5 years ago, or even 10 years back, people backup their data by copying the important files from one hard drive to another.
This no longer a common practice because in the world today, we have more and more software engineers which specialized in different niche. There are backup software which can help you to backup all your data securely and safely.
5 reasons to backup your files...
1. Security. If you manually copy your files from one hard drive to another, someone can just open your backup copy and see your content. Zipping all the files with password and you can start doing the maths now on how long you need to unzip them. Further more, is those password protection secure? Data backup software today uses strong encryption algorithm such as AES 256-bit where this algorithm is a military class security to protect your backup data.
2. Continuous Backup. If you back up once a week and your hard disk crashed on the 6th day, you are going to suffer 6 days data loss. That is what I don’t want and I am sure you don’t want as well. 6 days can be lots of data and what if you backup only once a month and your hard disk crashed on the 28th day? Can you live with 28 days data loss? This is another advantage of data back up software where it provides a continuous backup. It also automatically detects new files in your hard drive and back it up on the fly when you are using your computer. You will suffer a very minimum data loss unless you disable the backup feature.
3. Save space. Again, back to the zipping example, you are going to suffer the waiting time for your files to be decompressed. As a result, if you don’t compress your backup files, you are going to waste a lot of space due to data backup. This problem can also be solve with a backup software because it compressed your files as they back up. You might not save plenty of space due to this, but you are still saving space and even 5-6 GB can be a lot when you are in some emergency.
4. Smart Performance. When you copy files from one hard drive to another, sure you are going to suffer performance decrease. As a result, you might just “Forget it, let’s do it some other time”. And I don’t have to repeat again what if you happened not to backup your data. So, data backup software today is smart enough. They know all these problems will exists and they are here to help us. Mostly, backup software will use the least resources to backup your data when your computer is busy and only maximize the backup resources when the computer is idle. All these actions are automated.
5. Scheduler. There is no point if you plan a great backup strategy but you forget to back up. As a result, backup software usually comes with a scheduler. With Empachal Backup, you install a small piece of software on your machine and it will backup up all of your files immediately. If you update a file, it will be automatically backed up immediately, without requiring any manual intervention from yourself.
Empachal Backup allows for unlimited backup (I have over 120GB) and will retain 30 versions of your files, so if you accidentally delete, or update your file, you can restore a previous copy from backup.
Be Smart. Backup.